HOME ADDITIONS AND BUILD-OUTS
Your family and lifestyles have grown, but how about your home?
A home addition offers much more than just increasing floor space. When you build a new family room, sun room, home office or bonus room, it is an extension of your lifestyle — an opportunity to redefine the function of your Minnesota home.
Innovative Building and Design understands the complexities involved with constructing home additions, and we understand you have questions — a list of questions. We’re here to help!
From initial planning and budgeting, to design, breaking ground and every construction phase, our team of professionals will guide you through this process.
PLANNING & DESIGN
You have likely envisioned your finished room addition and are already enjoying the extra space and functionality it’s going to bring. We at Innovative Building and Design can assist or spearhead the design process and, perhaps, spark new ideas.
- Sun room — Enjoy the great outdoors year-round from the comfort of your climate-controlled sun room
- Family or media room — Expand your living space and entertainment for the entire family
- Home office — Build your own dedicated work space for privacy and better productivity
- Bedroom — Whether caregiving, a guest room or a new addition to your family, bedroom additions offer more space and privacy
- Kitchen and dining — A kitchen build-out can completely change your home for the better
A home addition is much like building a small home, and sometimes more complex. Just like your home, your room addition must be constructed with a sound foundation, and considerations for the following design systems:
- Crawl space — A heavy-duty vapor barrier on the floor of your crawl space helps prevent moisture problems and it blocks radon.
- Insulation — The ceiling, walls and crawl space should be well insulated.
Innovative Building and Design simplifies the process of constructing room additions for you. We pull the permits, follow all local and state building codes and take other design elements into consideration.
- Roofing — Have you considered a rooftop greenhouse or outdoor kitchen on top of your new room addition?
- HVAC — Ductless mini splits are superb heating and cooling systems for new room additions when extending ductwork isn’t practical.
- Integration — As your room addition is integrated to your home, we’ll minimize disruption of your activities and electricity, HVAC and plumbing services.
Work with a reputable contractor to ensure your complete satisfaction. At Innovative Building and Design, our experience and dedication to superior communication and customer service is unparalleled.